A burst water pipe can cause serious damage to your home or business. At Plumbers Today we will locate the cause of the burst water pipe and will complete the pipe repair or replacement quickly and effectively to prevent further damage to your property.
A burst water pipe can be caused by:
- Worn joints or plumbing connections – which have been under too much pressure, or are worn from age are known to cause a burst water pipe.
- Home Renovations – digging in the backyard or completing renovations in the home sometimes results in damaging plumbing you were unaware was there.
- Extreme Temperatures – causing expanding and contracting of the surrounding ground.
- Water Hammering – a hammering noise can be heard when turning off a tap quickly.
Steps to follow when a Burst Water Pipe occurs:
To reduce the damage flooding can cause your property be sure to take the following steps:
1. Locate the water mains turn off or shut off valve.
2. Turn off the mains valve to stop the flooding the water will cause.
3. Call a qualified and reliable plumber at Plumbers Today on 1300 722 315
Brisbane or (07) 4613 1323